[MPlayer-users] BUGREPORT: compiling MPlayer with dvdnav support on Windows

Reimar Döffinger Reimar.Doeffinger at gmx.de
Fri Dec 31 17:17:01 CET 2010

On Fri, Dec 31, 2010 at 07:25:20AM -0800, John Brown wrote:

> > > I can try this, but configure takes 10 minutes and build takes over 30
> > > minutes,
> >
> > You do know that it takes me *more* time than you (because I am sure you can
> do
> > something else after typing ./configure && make while I have to write an
> >answer)?
> >

> I was not suggesting that you should try it. I was saying that it should not be
> necessary to experiment. I cannot be the first user to try to add dvdnav
> support,
> so someone should know how to do it. However, since you are not that person, I
> will perform the experiment.

It's no experiment, that's (to my knowledge) how it works for everyone
since a long time (as far as dvdnav can be considered working).
That file is outdated since a long time, I removed it now, there's
nothing special necessary to get dvdnav support, for once reading the
documentation was a bad idea (though I should note that stuff in
DOCS/tech is for advanced users).