[MPlayer-users] CrystalHD support in MPlayer

Jaroslaw Zachwieja grok at warwick.ac.uk
Thu Feb 4 16:26:41 CET 2010

Hello,

I was wondering if there is a plan to add support for crystalhd
hardware decoder in mplayer?

The software stack (GPL2) is available from
http://www.broadcom.com/support/crystal_hd/ (be warned, the Linux
sources need to be dos2unix'ed first!). The kernel module seems to
build on modern distributions. I believe XBMC guys have it working
quite well.

Since the code is GPL2, I'd say it's miles better than the proprietary
VDPAU we're forced to deal with by means of the nvidia driver.

Regards,
--
Jaroslaw Zachwieja
Centre for Scientific Computing, University of Warwick, UK