[MPlayer-users] mencoder or mplayer problem

Oliver Seitz info at vtnd.de
Mon Feb 8 10:04:31 CET 2010

> hi!
>
> I've installed mplayer and mencoder on lenny and tried playing an .avi
> video but each time I tried to fast-forward it, the video breaks and
> crashes when I try to play it again.
>
> cat /etc/debian_version
> 5.0.3
>
>  dpkg -l mencoder
> |
> Status=Not/Inst/Cfg-files/Unpacked/Failed-cfg/Half-inst/trig-aWait/Trig-pend
> |/ Err?=(none)/Hold/Reinst-required/X=both-problems (Status,Err:
> uppercase=bad)
> ||/ Name           Version        Description
> +++-==============-==============-============================================
> ii  mencoder       1:1.0.rc2svn20 MPlayer's Movie Encoder
>
> dpkg -l mplayer
> |
> Status=Not/Inst/Cfg-files/Unpacked/Failed-cfg/Half-inst/trig-aWait/Trig-pend
> |/ Err?=(none)/Hold/Reinst-required/X=both-problems (Status,Err:
> uppercase=bad)
> ||/ Name           Version        Description
> +++-==============-==============-============================================
> ii  mplayer        1:1.0.rc2svn20 The Ultimate Movie Player For Linux
>
> Any help will be appreciated.

Curent (and thus supported) version of MPlayer is

MPlayer SVN-r30524-4.3.2 (C) 2000-2010 MPlayer Team

If the problem still persists with that version, it might be helpful to
provide a sample file.

But first of all, without complete console output of MPlayer, I think
noone can help you.

Greets,
Kiste