[MPlayer-users] Question about MPlayer, Theora and YCbCr444 format

Giorgio mywing81 at gmail.com
Tue Feb 9 20:35:18 CET 2010

>> 4) 444     COLOR  NO
>
> Did you compare mplayer's output with  player_example_theora?

Oh right, I should have thought that. I tried it just now, and both
player_example_theora and mplayer play the 444-file the same way, that
is showing correct Y component but wrong colors. So I'll conclude that
mplayer works and there is something wrong in my program :)

> FFmpeg's theora decoder can't decode that, so if you end up using that it can't.
> It should be able to if you compile it against libtheora and make it use it
> (not sure if just -vc theora works).

Yes, sorry, I forgot to mention that I'm compiling it against
libtheora 1.1 and theora codec get chosen:

Opening video decoder: [ffmpeg] FFmpeg's libavcodec codec family
[theora @ 0xcf52e0]Missing extradata!
Could not open codec.
VDecoder init failed :(
Opening video decoder: [theora] Theora/VP3
Movie-Aspect is 2.35:1 - prescaling to correct movie aspect.
VO: [gl] 1280x544 => 1280x544 Planar YV12
Selected video codec: [theora] vfm: theora (Theora (free, reworked VP3))