[MPlayer-users] parameters to record from analog capture card

Andrew Daviel advax at triumf.ca
Thu Feb 11 11:09:21 CET 2010

On Tue, 9 Feb 2010, RC wrote:

>> mencoder tv:// -tv input=1:norm=NTSC:driver=v4l2 -of mpeg \
>>   -oac mp3lame -ovc lavc -quiet -o foo.mpg

> There are plenty of other quality issues with your minimal command-line
> you probably want to fix as well.

OK, I guess I should have read the HTML documentation not just the
manpage. Any specific recommendations ?

This seems better :
$ mencoder -tv input=1:norm=NTSC:driver=v4l2 \
  -oac mp3lame -lameopts cbr:br=64 -ovc lavc \
  -lavcopts vcodec=mpeg4:vbitrate=900 -vf pp=lb,crop=640:464:0:4 \
   -o foo.avi tv://

Is there anything to be gained by capturing in MJPEG or raw
format then doing a 2-pass MPEG conversion offline ?

--
Andrew Daviel, TRIUMF, Canada