[MPlayer-users] .ivr media files?

Ken Bass daytooner at gmail.com
Sat Feb 13 04:44:38 CET 2010

On Fri, Feb 12, 2010 at 6:31 PM, Carl Eugen Hoyos <cehoyos at ag.or.at> wrote:

> Ken Bass <daytooner <at> gmail.com> writes:
>
> > I was given one of these, and have been trying to play it, but nothing
> seems
> > to recognize it - mplayer, ffmpeg, vlc. I even installed RealMedia 11 and
> > tried that, but even that failed.

Sorry, that should have been RealPlayer Gold, for linux.

> Did you upload a sample to ftp://ffmpeg.org/MPlayer/incoming/ into a new
> subdirectory (write only, please add a describing txt file)?
> Please post the filename here.
>
> I will upload a sample soon, but meanwhile, the clip seems to be a
RealPlayer "internet-video-recording". I got the latest version of
RealPlayer for Windows (Version 11), and it plays okay - on Windows. But
RealPlayer Gold on linux doesn't understand it.

Can any of the Windows version RealPlayer codecs be copied and used for
linux?

TIA

ken