[MPlayer-users] Cannot hear audio, running mplayer using VNC Viewer running on Win Xp

tarunb at solomon-systech.com tarunb at solomon-systech.com
Thu Feb 18 08:24:06 CET 2010

Hello,
           My local machine is Win XP and am connected to remote Red hat
linux machine using VNC viewer.  I am running mplayer on a remote red
hat linux machine through VNC viewer. I am able to view the video in VNC
viewer window but cannot hear the audio. The audio jack is connected to
the local Win Xp system.

Can anyone kindly suggest what might be going wrong? I am using SDL as
the audio and video output driver.

Command used -
mplayer -vo sdl -ao sdl <media_fie_name>

Thanks & Regards
Tarun.