[MPlayer-users] [wxPython-users] Re: how to embed a mplayer vidio play window into wxpython

Reimar Döffinger Reimar.Doeffinger at gmx.de
Sat Feb 20 00:38:31 CET 2010

On Wed, Feb 17, 2010 at 08:09:29AM +0100, Reimar Döffinger wrote:
> On Wed, Feb 17, 2010 at 12:57:09AM +0000, Timothy W. Grove wrote:
> > >Just don't use -fixed-vo, there is no real advantage in your use case,
> > >and it allows you to draw whatever you want on the window while MPlayer
> > >is idle.
> > If I remove "-fixed-vo" from my list of arguments, then I end up
> > with black screen when my video finishes instead of the final frame
> > showing.
>
> The final frame showing is neither an intended nor a supported feature I fear.
> Hm. Maybe it could be made one though.

Seems like actually the code already tried to make this work, it just forgot to
tell the VO that playback has ended (while playback is ongoing, some vos will
specifically avoid redrawing even if they know that part of their window has
damaged contents - it would only cost performance and the next frame will arrive
"real soon").
Fixed now.