[MPlayer-users] Poor A/V with various deinterlace filters on interlaced but not telecined content

Adam Rosi-Kessel adam at rosi-kessel.org
Tue Feb 23 03:34:27 CET 2010

Reimar Döffinger wrote, on 2/21/2010 3:39 AM:
>> Sorry, I misunderstood the question. If I leave out -vf yadif or
>> pp=lb, the resulting file plays fine for A/V sync. The A/V sync
>> issue is only introduced when I add in a deinterlacing filter.
> So is this correct, all of these behave badly:
> -vf pp=lb,softskip,harddup
> -vf pp=lb,harddup
> -vf pp=lb,softskip
> -vf pp=lb
> -vf softskip,pp=lb,harddup
>
> All of these work fine:
> -vf softskip,harddup
> -vf harddup
> -vf softskip
> (no -vf option)

Actually, I think I found my problem: I was viewing the AVI while it was
still encoding, and the A/V sync was very bad. (This was also true if I
copied the partially-completed AVI to another computer for playing). But
if I let it complete (approx. 30 hours) it is actually okay. I think
it's still slightly off -- on the order of a constant 125ms -- but not
way off in a non-constant amount. Perhaps it was the lack of completed
AVI index that was the root cause?

Adam