[MPlayer-users] Very slow play with gl default

Oliver Seitz info at vtnd.de
Sun Feb 28 09:25:56 CET 2010

> On Sat, Feb 27, 2010 at 05:16:12PM +0100, Etienne Buira wrote:
>> r30759 plays some "normal" video files (25 fps) at around 1 fps when
>> using
>> gl as default output (why that default?).
>
> Well, because x11 is bad, always and no exceptions.

That's a bit general... I've had situations with certain not-up-to-date
graphics hardware and a powerful processor playing several videos at once
on one screen where x11 gave the best results. But I argee, those are rare
occasions which do need tweaking anyway, so that's no reason for a default
setting.

Greets,
Kiste