[MPlayer-users] No audio

Stroller stroller at stellar.eclipse.co.uk
Sun Feb 28 16:46:08 CET 2010

On 28 Feb 2010, at 10:45, Rodolfo Medina wrote:
>> Please post complete, uncut output of
>> mplayer maggio-2006.mpg -ao alsa
>> (I assume you have working audio installed, for example when
>> logging in, have
>> you?)
>

> That's the question: as I said, it may be such an issue, I don't
> know.  How can
> I check if working audio is installed?

When he said "when logging in" the previous poster meant the login /
welcome sound that is made when you enter KDE or your preferred
desktop environment.

The first thing you check should be audio in general, with other
applications. Your distro's support mailing list might be a place to
get help with this.

Stroller.