[MPlayer-users] Frame interpolation

Oliver Seitz info at vtnd.de
Sun Jan 3 14:45:15 CET 2010

>  AFAICT 24fps is these days an artificial handicap kept
> purely for the same reasons people resisted moving to sound and colour
> film.

I believe there are still quite a few cinemas in the world that still show
good old film. And I don't think they're willing to update their
mechanical projectors to a higher frame rate and have the reels hold only
half the running length.

I think you can suggest dropping the 24fps again when all cinemas in the
world will have switched over to digital projectors, but I doubt that will
be the case in the next 10 or 15 years.

Greets,
Kiste