[MPlayer-users] Frame interpolation

Krzysztof Duchnowski amidk75 at gmail.com
Sun Jan 3 19:19:59 CET 2010

Grant pisze:

> But the reason I started looking into this is the intense flashing
> effect I see when an intricate object is moved across the screen.  I
> was told that is part of 24p judder.  Is that true?

But 24p judder isn't there because 24fps is displayed at 24fps but
because 24fps is displayed at... 60fps. So it needs to be interpolated
and there is 3:2 telecine introduced which do interlaced 60i from 24p

I've read that some better TV's do 3:3 or even 4:4 so it view 24p at 72i
or 96i and that have no judder at all.
http://www.avforums.com/forums/plasma-televisions/714524-some-one-tell-me-about-24fps-thing-judder-etc.html

That's why some dvd/bluray players have 24p mode and some TV have it too
- to go around that problem without any interpolation.

--
Krzysztof 'DK75' Duchnowski
GetFirefox - http://www.mozilla.com/firefox/