[MPlayer-users] Seeking in MPEG2/MPEG4 streams

Reimar Döffinger Reimar.Doeffinger at gmx.de
Tue Jan 5 08:35:31 CET 2010

On Tue, Jan 05, 2010 at 08:44:19AM +0200, Uoti Urpala wrote:
> What SVN did - not updating frames at all when doing seeks in a rapid
> succession - was a real problem, but there hasn't been any proper
> description of a performance-related issue, and I at least don't feel
> like trying to get the original poster to provide one.

Well, as for the regression it was actually "kind of" performance related
in so far as it didn't update because it ended up "processing" (though almost
all of it was actually sleeping, not using CPU) longer than the time between
two keypresses.
A possible issue might still be for files with very few keyframes where
seeking would happen with too much distance between displayed frames so
you can't get a good impression of what is happening.