[MPlayer-users] No Video for .TS files (with H.264 Video)

Andreas Allacher ghost_zero5 at gmx.at
Wed Jan 6 09:59:07 CET 2010

-------- Original-Nachricht --------
> Datum: Tue, 5 Jan 2010 22:11:48 +0000 (UTC)
> Von: Carl Eugen Hoyos <cehoyos at ag.or.at>
> An: mplayer-users at mplayerhq.hu
> Betreff: Re: [MPlayer-users] No Video for .TS files (with H.264 Video)

> Andreas Allacher <ghost_zero5 <at> gmx.at> writes:
>
> > if I play a .ts file from my PVR DVB-S2 only the audio is played. The
> video
> > isn't played but it seems the reason for this is that the video is
> detected as
> > MPEG2 instead of H.264
>
> The recording is missing PAT (or PMT?) and cannot be decoded with -demuxer
> mpegts without changing MPlayer's source.

Could be. I am not sure. Is there an easy way to find out? I haven't had any interest in .TS files up till now.
But. if that is the case is there a way to add those informations to the file?

> > I was able to get it to work by using the "-demuxer lavf". However, I
> don't
> > think that this is the best solution.
>
> Why not?

For once, because if I e.g. use it with a GUI like SMPlayer all files would be opened with that option and I fear that way I might run into problems with other file formats.