[MPlayer-users] If not mencoder, then what?

Carl Eugen Hoyos cehoyos at ag.or.at
Fri Jan 8 11:36:06 CET 2010

Ken Bass <daytooner <at> gmail.com> writes:

> But now I've read here that mencoder is no longer officially supported. If

It is (nearly) unmaintained, that is something else than unsupported.

> so, then what should I use to capture analog (or digital) from a tuner card?

I just tested this command. It leads to constant video delay that is different
for every recording, but I am recording live tv with btaudio, that may be
different (working correctly) with external audio and video:

ffmpeg -f video4linux2 -s 768x576 -i /dev/video -f alsa -i plughw:1 test.avi

Carl Eugen