[MPlayer-users] Feeding an elementary stream on-the-fly to MPlayer from a separate application..

A H enigmatic2002 at gmail.com
Sat Jan 16 07:48:06 CET 2010

Hi Everyone,

I hope this is the right mailing list to ask about this. If not,
please direct me to the correct one.

I am working on a distributed application that would transport a video
stream (e.g. H.264 over RTP) from one node to another and would like
to display the received stream using MPlayer. I understand that
MPlayer is capable of playing streamed RTP sessions on its own, but I
need to perform some manipulation operations on the transmitted stream
and then reconstruct the final stream that will be handed to the
player for decoding. In a way, my application will be the source from
which MPlayer will obtain the stream to be decoded as it is being
received. Any ideas on how I can do this?

Thanks,
-Ahmed