[MPlayer-users] create PNGs from HD video, quality

Torsten Mohr tmohr at s.netic.de
Sat Jan 16 13:15:26 CET 2010

Hi,

i tried to convert a video of some minutes to PNG images:

mplayer -vo png -noframedrop HDV0023.MP4

It seems that my PC is too slow (Quad Core Duo), at least mplayer says so.

Is it possible that mplayer tries to keep the frame rate of the movie.  That
is not necessary for me, i don't care how much time it takes for mplayer to
generate the PNGs.

Also, is it possible that mplayer skips many steps in postprocessing the PNGs
to keep the frame rate?  I don't care how much time mplayer takes, i wan't the
best quality PNGs that i can get.

This is not the only problem, i get some kind of buffer overflow, seems
unnecessary to me.

Is there a way to tell mplayer to take all the time it needs, do all
postprocessing and create high quality PNGs?

Thanks for any hints,
Torsten.