[MPlayer-users] create PNGs from HD video, quality

Reimar Döffinger Reimar.Doeffinger at gmx.de
Sat Jan 16 14:42:16 CET 2010

On Sat, Jan 16, 2010 at 01:15:26PM +0100, Torsten Mohr wrote:
> This is not the only problem, i get some kind of buffer overflow, seems
> unnecessary to me.

Well, you are telling MPlayer to play sound, what can it do?
-nosound would avoid all those issues (I think), and you should also
use -benchmark to make MPlayer not wait pointlessly.

> Is there a way to tell mplayer to take all the time it needs, do all
> postprocessing and create high quality PNGs?

What you get is (almost) exactly what e.g. -vo x11 would give you.
MPlayer can do quite different kinds of processing, but just like
for normal playback you will have to tell it to.
Read the documentation.