[MPlayer-users] MPEG playback distortions with threads and some fitlers.

Adrian Stutz adrian at sttz.ch
Mon Jan 18 16:48:21 CET 2010

On Mon, Dec 7, 2009 at 10:47 PM, Adrian Stutz <adrian at sttz.ch> wrote:

> I've been seeing some issues with MPEG playback and heavy distortions and
> would be happy if someone could point me to what the issue could be.
>
> I've been able to isolate the issue to MPEG, ffmpeg threads and MPlayer
> video filters. The combination of them produce different results and I hope
> that is some indication to the problem.
>
> The examples below are with a DVD but the issue is not limited to MPEG2 or
> dvdread/dvdnav. I can reproduce the same errors with a MPEG1 file as well.
>
> (This is all with the current SVN and a simple ./configure && make on OSX
> 10.6.1).

No ideas?

I tried to poke at the issue but haven't been able to get any kind of
result.

Some additional points:
* ffplay plays the file without problems with threading
* The issue appears on 32bit/64bit x86 and on PPC as well
* Affects gl, corevideo and png vos (didn't test others)
* Playback randomly crashes in yuv2packedX_MMX2(). I tried to disable mmx
but that doesn't seem to affect libswscale...

Greetings,
Adrian