[MPlayer-users] Build error

Alexander Bokovikov openworld at uralweb.ru
Wed Jan 20 14:24:00 CET 2010

Hi, All,

I've got a build error in Mac OS X 10.5.

Configure string is below.

./configure --disable-mplayer --disable-gui --enable-runtime-
cpudetection --disable-network --disable-inet6 --disable-
gethostbyname2 --disable-ftp

Though I tried the only --disable-network and had the same result:

Undefined symbols:
  "_ff_socket_nonblock", referenced from:
      _tcp_open in libavformat.a(tcp.o)
      _udp_open in libavformat.a(udp.o)
  "_closesocket", referenced from:
      _tcp_close in libavformat.a(tcp.o)
      _tcp_open in libavformat.a(tcp.o)
      _tcp_open in libavformat.a(tcp.o)
      _udp_open in libavformat.a(udp.o)
      _udp_close in libavformat.a(udp.o)
ld: symbol(s) not found
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make: *** [mencoder] Error 1

Could anybody tell me how to fix this problem?

BTW, I tried to build mplayer/mencoder after empty configure, and had
none of errors.

-Alex