[MPlayer-users] Few compilation issues after trying to build to day ...

Carl Eugen Hoyos cehoyos at ag.or.at
Thu Jan 21 14:55:48 CET 2010

Jean-Yves Avenard <jyavenard <at> gmail.com> writes:

> 2010/1/21 Carl Eugen Hoyos <cehoyos <at> ag.or.at>:
> > So what is your configure line?
>
> I put it in my first post (this is the standard configure line used to
> compile mplayer on Ubuntu)
>
> ./configure --enable-runtime-cpudetection --prefix=/usr
> --confdir=/etc/mplayer --mandir=/usr/share/man
> --win32codecsdir=/usr/lib/win32 --enable-largefiles --enable-smb

Where did you find this stupidity?
What does "standard on Ubuntu" mean? I hope this is not what Reinhard packages...

./configure is basically the only supported way of configuring MPlayer (except
for the installation paths, of course, and you have to add xvmc and radio if you
know what it is and want to use it).

Carl Eugen