[MPlayer-users] Playback-Continuation on error of movies missing a couple percent of data

Per Nordlöw per.nordlow at gmail.com
Thu Jan 28 12:41:12 CET 2010

Hey!

I have a movie on my harddisk that lacks about one percent of its data
distributed in a couple of coarse chunks. All media players, including
mplayer, halts when it encounters these errors and resets pointer to
beginning. I can however manually drag the cursor paste the error and
continue playing from there. Can we somehow configure mplayer to try to
continue playing the bitstream when encouters such an error. This should be
possible, just look for some magic-bits/bytes of the next video frame. Why
doesn't any movie player ẁork this way by default?

Thanks,
Nordlöw