[MPlayer-users] TrueHD

Rolf Ernst rolf.ernst at silverlightning.org
Sat Jan 30 02:17:28 CET 2010

On Fri, Jan 29, 2010 at 6:20 PM, Carl Eugen Hoyos <cehoyos at ag.or.at> wrote:

> Rolf Ernst <rolf.ernst <at> silverlightning.org> writes:
>
> > Btw, I will make the occasional build (biweekly) available at my site (or
> > mediafire if it turns into a lot of stuff).
>
> Please do not forget to add sources to your site and avoid proprietary
> libraries
> like libfaac.
>
> And please do not top-post on this list, it is considered rude, Carl Eugen

Carl,

let me then ask this again: There are tons of references off the official
mplayer sites to GUI builds which include the, of course, the mplayer build
and they do not offer the source - are all these folks in violation? And if
they are in violation, why would the mplayer team officially reference them.

This makes no sense to me. Most if not all of the GUI players referenced
from the official site include the AAC decoder, i.e. libfaac. There is
something I am missing here, some gray area.