[MPlayer-users] MPlayer crashed by signal 11 with bad usage of CPU/FPU/RAM

Nikos Chantziaras realnc at arcor.de
Sat Jan 30 21:01:31 CET 2010

On 01/30/2010 09:03 PM, Jim Duda wrote:
> After upgrading to Fedora Release 12, I am unable to play mpeg videos
> with XvMC.
>
> Can anyone explain what might be the issue here?
>
> 1) Mplayer Version
>
> MPlayer SVN-r29800-4.4.2 (C) 2000-2009 MPlayer Team

Chances are this got fixed in more recent versions (SVN is currently at
r30463).

> 2) Failure Message
>[...]
> MPlayer interrupted by signal 11 in module: decode_video
> - MPlayer crashed by bad usage of CPU/FPU/RAM.
> Recompile MPlayer with --enable-debug and make a 'gdb' backtrace and
> disassembly. Details in DOCS/HTML/en/bugreports_what.html#bugreports_crash.

Well, as the message says, try to fetch from SVN and if it still happens
then follow the instructions in the provided link. You might also want
send the results to the Fedora bug tracker.

Since you're using Fedora, I assume you're comfortable with doing that
stuff ;)