[MPlayer-users] [AO_ALSA] Unable to set buffer time near: Invalid argument

Uoti Urpala uoti.urpala at pp1.inet.fi
Sun Jan 31 01:15:32 CET 2010

On Fri, 2010-01-29 at 17:41 -0500, Robert Henney wrote:
> did notice that when git mplayer isn't able to find a video output, it
> leaves the terminal in a bad state (raw mode?).  that's probably an easy
> thing to fix.

Did this behavior differ in any earlier version of MPlayer you've tried?
I think it shouldn't (unless you somehow compiled them with a different
list of supported VOs). Anyway I fixed at least one possible cause of
this: if all the usual VOs fail (for example because there's a reason
the X display cannot be opened) then it moved to more obscure console
VOs, and those misbehaved when opening them failed.

> I was delighted to find that git mplayer doesn't try to play window
> manager and override where the window manager places the new window.
> that's been one of my oldest grumbles.

The biggest reason I changed the default behavior was ordered chapter
support. When moving between chapters from different files the display
is reinitialized, and in that case the forced re-centering of the window
got _really_ annoying.