[MPlayer-users] -user-agent being ignored? (Apple keynote)

Carl Eugen Hoyos cehoyos at ag.or.at
Sun Jan 31 15:07:26 CET 2010

Krzysztof Duchnowski <amidk75 <at> gmail.com> writes:

> > you never need -use-agent for rtsp streams from akamaistream.net.
>
> mplayer -v -user-agent "QuickTime"

[...]

> rtsp://a2047.v1413b.c1413.g.vq.akamaistream.net

How can I explain to you that you only need user-agent when downloading a movie
trailer from movies.apple.com and that you do not need it to watch keynotes?

If you want to download a movie trailer from movies.apples.com, any user-agent
string that starts with QuickTime works.

And if you finally manage to inform us what problem you have ("when I run
mplayer http://stream.qtv.apple.com..., the video never starts, after ten
seconds I see a line 'demux_rtp: Failed to guess the video frame rate'" and
mplayer quits), we will in turn inform you that your network setup does not
allow (the default) udp connection, you need -rtsp-stream-over-tcp.

Carl Eugen