[MPlayer-users] libtheora support

Rolf Ernst rolf.ernst at silverlightning.org
Sun Jan 31 17:03:31 CET 2010

On Sun, Jan 31, 2010 at 5:55 AM, Reimar Döffinger
<Reimar.Doeffinger at gmx.de>wrote:

> On Sat, Jan 30, 2010 at 11:13:41PM -0600, Rolf Ernst wrote:
> > I don't have a libtheora.dll but libtheora-0.dll, libtheoradec-1.dll,
> > libtheoraenc-1.dll from my libtheora build.
>
> Hmm... These actually aren't the relevant files, what you need to have is
> libtheora.dll.a or libtheora.a, and that's the case for my cross-compiled
> libtheora 1.1.1
>
> pkg-config turned out to be a life-saver. A variety of my dlls were
installed with different suffixes (-0,-1,-8 etc.) which should normally
happen for separate versions (although I only installed one of each) and
then I guess either be renamed or otherwise picked up. pkg-config keeps
track of it (if the build does and the pc file) and thus libtheora was now
found.

Thanks for the pointer (actually in your other email).

r/e