[MPlayer-users] Truetype / bitmap subtitle support

Rolf Ernst rolf.ernst at silverlightning.org
Sun Jan 31 21:18:51 CET 2010

It would appear that my build of mplayer is now always looking for bitmap
subtitles. As a matter of fact, apparently the osncreen statistics won't
even show because I, of course, have no bitmap fonts installed (nor intend
to). How do I build it so I picks up the list of my truetype fonts on
startup and caches them like other builds do?

I tried to simply ./configure --disable-bitmap-fonts but that gave me a
variety of errors which I did not want to pursue as it wasn't clear to me as
if this was the correct route in the first place.

/re