[MPlayer-users] opengl pipeline modification

Reimar Döffinger Reimar.Doeffinger at gmx.de
Sun Jul 4 10:53:03 CEST 2010

On Sun, Jul 04, 2010 at 08:01:39AM +0000, Carl Eugen Hoyos wrote:
> Reimar Döffinger <Reimar.Doeffinger <at> gmx.de> writes:
>
> > Why do you want to double the frames? If it is for 3D, putting left and
> > right side into different frames really is not a good idea, you'll almost
> > certainly somewhen end up with left and right image swapped at some point.
>
> To show that even the best can learn something / change their opinions:
> http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.video.mplayer.devel/26496/focus=26497

I only said it might be nicer. Usually I always say that about the opposite
approach of what someone has used.
However, from a code change perspective I think it has become quite clear
that a single image is the easier way.
However, putting both in one image causes issues with scaling at the borders.
Completely separating them has some really annoying issues, I guess from a
cleanlyness-perspective, extending the mp_image to e.g. have an arbitrary number
of planes with a new "view" starting at each 4*i offset might be the best
long-term solution. But that will take more time and effort to do.