[MPlayer-users] Linker error when building on ARM9

Carl Eugen Hoyos cehoyos at ag.or.at
Fri Jul 9 10:16:30 CEST 2010

Siddhesh Salelkar <ssiddhesh <at> gmail.com> writes:

> I added
>
> #if HAVE_NEON
>
> around the prototypes and instead of the
>
> if (HAVE_NEON)
>
> in files
>
> libavcodec/arm/h264dsp_init_arm.c
> libavcodec/arm/h264pred_init_arm.c
>
> and I was able to build MPlayer without any errors, the resulting
> binary runs great on my ARM system.

Your change should not make any difference with a sane compiler:
Even at -O1, gcc should correctly compile (and link) the following:
if (0)
    this_function_does_not_exist();

Perhaps you could confirm that
config.h contains "#define HAVE_NEON 0" (it does for me on x86), you did not
"fine-tune" any compiler option and if you do something like
touch libavcodec/arm/h264dsp_init_arm.c && make V=1
there is no "-O0", but "-O3" in the compiler call. (If you added O0, you are on
your own.)

Carl Eugen