[MPlayer-users] Vorbis

Rolf Ernst rolf.ernst at silverlightning.org
Fri Jul 9 20:16:42 CEST 2010

On Fri, Jul 9, 2010 at 6:27 AM, Rolf Ernst
<rolf.ernst at silverlightning.org>wrote:

> On Fri, Jul 9, 2010 at 2:55 AM, Kazuo Teramoto <kaz.rag at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> On Thu, Jul 8, 2010 at 11:01 PM, Rolf Ernst
>> <rolf.ernst at silverlightning.org> wrote:
>> > ./configure --enable-static --disable-tremor --enable-libvorbis
>> >

>> Uhh, --enable usually is not a good idea, look at the output of
>> ./configure --help
>>
>> ==================
>> This configure script is NOT autoconf-based, even though its output is
>> similar.
>> It will try to autodetect all configuration options. If you --enable an
>> option
>> it will be forcefully turned on, skipping autodetection. This can break
>> compilation, so you need to know what you are doing.
>> ==================
>>
>> So if libvorbis is properly installed its is recognized without the
>> --enable flag. Try this. For me the current mplayer svn play webm with
>> vorbis audio ok.
>>
>> Posting the output of mplayer -v can help too.
>>
>> Regards,
>> Kazuo
>>
>> --
>> «Dans la vie, rien n'est à craindre, tout est à comprendre»
>> Marie Sklodowska Curie.
>>

> Hi Kazuo,
>
> you can find the configure output here:
>
> http://pastebin.com/ifZ2s4G4
>
> I am aware that you usually should let the autodiscovery do its work but as
> you can see in the output - it looks like the script isn't going out and
> checking at all anymore. It simply picks tremor although I explicitly told
> it not to. My install of libvorbis is fine (static) and it should be picked
> up from the default location if it even cared to look.
>
> I can *play back* vorbis just fine. It just encodes static (well, not
> really, it encodes a 'mute' audio - a vorbis stream is present). Using
> ffmpeg (compiled it a couple of day ago) encodes this as webm with vorbis
> just fine. (For other reasons I do not want to use ffmpeg if avoidable).
>
> But it's not only webm as I discovered. It doesn't seem to generate *any*
> vorbis in any container I tried. It's all mute. I explicitly specified the
> lavf demuxer, thinking this is it. I specified a specific -audiofile. No
> luck either. I then specified -audiofile containing vorbis audio with -oac
> copy and that worked but it somehow doesn't multiplex it correctly -
> sometimes audio plays for a while, then video, etc. I can multiplex the
> stuff using mkvtoolnix later on but that is a Matroska container (I know
> webm is a simplified Matroska container but I have no means of manually
> multiplexing directly into this specific format - or is there?).
>
> If you want the verbose output I can post it but since the configure seems
> to ignore all flags it is not surprising that it won't accept libvorbis vs.
> vorbis.
>
> I have a hunch the internal encoder or muxer are broken (although I can do
> x264 encodings using other audio formats just fine but here, too, vorbis
> [...]
requested: I used the wrong switch --disable-tremor (which was accepted).
When I used --disable-tremor-internal the configure script found my
libvorbis code without even having to force it. I thought it spit out an
error message when an invalid switch was used but maybe not always ...

--
/re

This is America. Huge multinationals choose our political officials here.