[MPlayer-users] Still no vorbis audio

Carl Eugen Hoyos cehoyos at ag.or.at
Fri Jul 9 23:14:18 CEST 2010

Rolf Ernst <rolf.ernst <at> silverlightning.org> writes:

> Having switched to libvorbis ...
                     ^^^^^^^^^

> I am using a very straightforward command such as
>
> mencoder "c:\a.ts" -o output.mkv -oac lavc -ovc lavc -lavcopts
> vcodec=mpeg4:acodec=vorbis -of lavf'
                      ^^^^^^

Note that there is a difference, but don't worry, I don't think libvorbis is
supported. I could ask again now why you are not using ffmpeg, but since you
insist: Change the value in line 958 of libavcodec/vorbis_enc.c to something
completely different (I just tested 30 successfully) to use libavcodec's native
encoder: While some say it is bad, I think they just mean it doesn't support
rate-control (as you found out).

Feedback about quality problems - with sample(s)! - is probably welcome.

Carl Eugen

PS: The 0.01 is quite new there, I wonder what made us change the value...