[MPlayer-users] Still no vorbis audio

Rolf Ernst rolf.ernst at silverlightning.org
Tue Jul 13 21:11:14 CEST 2010

On Tue, Jul 13, 2010 at 12:07 PM, Carl Eugen Hoyos <cehoyos at ag.or.at> wrote:

> Rolf Ernst <rolf.ernst <at> silverlightning.org> writes:
>
> > $ mencoder -ovc lavc -oac lavc "c:\bin\a_new.ts" -o output.webm -of lavf
> > -lavfopts format=webm -lavcopts
> > audio_o=global_quality=30:acodec=vorbis
>
> You have to add flags=2 to allow using global_quality.
> Note that very high values (>1000) are required to get useful results.
>
> Please do not report testing results of patched versions without mentioning
> so,
> Carl Eugen

Carl,

I did not know this pertained to the patch. Are you saying to apply the
venc->quality patch and change some flags in the code? (avccontext->flags?).
Or change some flags on the command line? I understood your statement to say
that:

    if (avccontext->flags & CODEC_FLAG_QSCALE)
        venc->quality = avccontext->global_quality / (float)FF_QP2LAMBDA /
10.;

would set this to true. I know I am a pain about this but I feel that with
just a tad of input from your end I can close this chapter.