[MPlayer-users] Wrong video framerate with bmovl solved

Oliver Seitz info at vtnd.de
Fri Jul 23 10:06:20 CEST 2010

>>> I'm using bmovl successfully, but without any frame rate, so I can
>>> not confirm your problem. But for a start, I would suggest you try a
>>> version of MPlayer that's not a year old.
>
> I would love to compile and maintain a more recent version of mplayer,
> but the amount of software I have to keep track of and lack of time
> forces me to use the distribution packages wherever possible. This
> version is precompiled and packed for debian/ubuntu.

  I never had to do anything but

svn up
make distclean
./configure
make
make install

What is it one has to keep track of? And on ubuntu I get all of the
dependencies I need by just typing

apt-get build-dep mplayer

well, ok, after enabling source packages.

But that's really all to it for me. Not a very complicated task, and not
too time-consuming, less than 2 hours / (cores * GHz)

Greets,
Kiste