[MPlayer-users] Compiling, was: Wrong video framerate with bmovl

Oliver Seitz info at vtnd.de
Fri Jul 23 12:05:02 CEST 2010

>> svn up
>> make distclean
>
> Do 'make distclean' first...

Ok, thanks, it's just that I usually forget to "make distclean", I
usually remember while svn runs ;-)

>> ./configure
>> make
>
>> make install
>
> I never install and I would not recommend it if it's just to test an issue
> before posting here.

On production machines I usually never update MPlayer. If it does its
job on such a machine there is no need for updates (...never touch a
running system...)

On my "playground" machines, whenever I am bored, I update MPlayer and
install it, it would not hurt if such a machine would lack a running
MPlayer for a day or a week. (And, usually it is just hours, many thanks
to all the developers and bugfixers!)

But, of course you are right, on a machine that is used for typical
desktop tasks it may be unwise to install a new MPlayer every other day.

Greets,
Kiste