[MPlayer-users] dtsPlayback

Daniel Dawson ddawson at icehouse.net
Sat Jun 5 00:35:24 CEST 2010

On Fri, Jun 04, 2010 at 12:08:40PM -0700, Mack Johnson wrote:
> I'm trying to play this file but I hear no sound. Can someone help me out?
>
>  mplayer -afm hwac3 /Users/ME/Desktop/Neil\ Young/Neil\ Young\ \&\ Crazy\ Horse\ -\ Year\ Of\ The\ Horse\ \(DTS\).wav

hwac3 is used if you have a hardware Dolby Digital or DTS receiver. Is
that your setup, or do you want DTS through your soundcard/motherboard?
If you do have a hardware receiver, make sure it's hooked up and
configured properly; if you don't, try -afm libdca

Also, for software decoding, you may want to specify -channels 4 or
-channels 6 if you have multichannel hardware; otherwise it mixes down
to 2 channels.

--
Web: purl.org/net/ddawson/web/   Bkmrks: purl.org/net/ddawson/bookmarks/
Jabber: danieldawson at jabber.org          Google: danielcdawson at gmail.com