[MPlayer-users] Problem with nuv file

Giorgio mywing81 at gmail.com
Sat Jun 5 16:55:28 CEST 2010

Hello,

someone on IRC has pointed me to a .nuv file that doesn't play in
mplayer-svn (but works with the ancient version: MPlayer 1.0rc2-4.2.3
(C) 2000-2007 MPlayer Team). You can get the file here:

wget http://fs09n4.sendspace.com/dl/8f61595c0079c5e005a6ccc4f5102e6c/4c0a5c164df30f26/oxtrvk/crystal003split.nuv

Here is the output of "mplayer -v crystal003split.nuv":
http://paste.ubuntu.com/445147/

Basically mplayer hangs and you have to terminate it with ctrl-c. The
interesting thing is, every frame seems to last 33.3 second (and the
fps is exactly 33.3). I was able to dump the video frames using "-vo
png -benchmark".
Thank you.

Giorgio Vazzana