[MPlayer-users] -dumpstream quitting midway while downloading from Shoutcast TV

Shaji djshaji at gmail.com
Mon Jun 14 22:41:42 CEST 2010

Hullo.
    I am trying to dump to stream from Shoutcast TV stations, and U use
mplayer -dumpstream. However, mplayer quits after downloading ~ 1MB of
data; it exits normally, and gives the message "Core dumped :)".
Pertinent here is that I had the same issue when I (used to) dump
streams from scratched VCDs.

Also, mplayer quits after an "ad" in the beginning of the stream;
perhaps after the "ad" and before the actual stream, the FPS or
something else in the stream changes, and mplayer thinks that the stream
is ended. Any hints / suggestions ?