[MPlayer-users] Keyboard/mouse lockout with Mplayer

Bev bashley101 at gmail.com
Thu Jun 10 18:50:04 CEST 2010

On 06/10/10 09:08, Carl Eugen Hoyos wrote:

> Bev<bashley101<at>  gmail.com>  writes:
>
>>  >  Which vo does pre7 use for you?
>>
>>  Thanks, Carl.  I've played around with different entries in my .mplayer/config
>>  file.  Currently the file is empty.  When mplayer runs I don't know how to find
>>  out what vo it chose.
>
> That's why I asked which vo pre7 uses (where you claim the keyboard - including
> "q" still work)
>
> Or is your problem to parse the line ".VO: [...]" in MPlayer's output?

On the pre7 it says 'sdl:using driver svgalib'.  I have direct svga support as
well as sdl support and it looks like pre7 is looking for sdl first; I have
configured SDL to use svgalib, so the message from pre7 is coming from sdl
which is using svgalib.

If I say -vo svga the message is 'using VESA driver' -- and that is because I
have configured svga to use VESA.  If I say -vo VESA, mplayer won't start even
though in both previous cases it ends up using VESA.

I went back to 1.0rc1, which disabled the keyboard.  I then modified
libvo/vo_svga.c and commented out the getch2_disable() line;  the 1.0rc1 then
runs with the keyboard enabled.

I am now working on the latest version.  A similar patch to vo_svga.c doesn't
work.  I've reconfigured the package to shut down SDL support, which results in
mplayer trying and failing to implement fbdev2.

--
Cheers, Bev