[MPlayer-users] -mc setting

Alexander Roalter alex at roalter.it
Fri Jun 11 00:38:00 CEST 2010

Since a few days, -mc 1 is now the default with mplayer. What I
experience now with dvdnav is that on chapter breaks I get visible (and
sometimes audible) hickups. With the former setting (and with -mc 0) I
get only the audio jump at each chapter break, together with

[ac3 @ 0xdf5560]frame sync error:  0.100   2/  2 ??% ??% ??,?% 0 0
[ac3 @ 0xdf5560]incomplete frame:  0.136 232/232  8%  0%  2.2% 0 0
[ac3 @ 0xdf5560]frame sync error:  1.136   0/  0 ??% ??% ??,?% 0 0
A: 367.4 V: 367.4 A-V:  0.008 ct:  0.347  73/ 73 32%  0%  8.2% 26 0

on the output.

This is only with dvdnav, dvd plays fine, but I'm all in favor of
sticking with dvdnav, as only this plays (almost) all of my dvds without
problems. Anyone experienced something similar? Or any suggestions on
how to mend this problem?

--
Cheers,
Alex