[MPlayer-users] mp3 playing with mplayer without soundcard

Oliver Seitz info at vtnd.de
Fri Jun 11 21:04:06 CEST 2010

>> Equalizer and speed can be modified in slave mode ?
>
> Of course.

Sorry, of course not. I've never used audio equalizer. Just read the man
page (what I can really recommend for everyone...) and I found an audio
equalizer, but it only works with fixed values specified when starting
mplayer, they can't be modified once running.

Oh! Wrong again! Just then I read http://www.mplayerhq.hu/DOCS/tech/slave.txt
(what I can really recommend for everyone...) and I find commands I did
not know about:

af_add <filter_arguments_list>  (comma separated list of audio filters
with parameters)
    (experimental) Load the given list of audio filters.

af_clr
    (experimental) Unload all loaded audio filters.

af_del <filter_name_list> (comma separated list of audio filter's names)
    (experimental) Unload the first occurrence of the filters, if loaded.

af_switch <filter_arguments_list> (comma separated list of audio filters
with parameters)
    (experimental) Remove all the audio filters and replace them with the
given list.

So now it seems to be indeed possible to replace an audio filter while
running.

Sorry for the noise. Take it as an emphasis on the quality of the
documentation, thanks :-)

Greets,
Kiste