[MPlayer-users] Most recent updates have caused a problem

Murray Blakeman mblakeman at netspace.net.au
Sat Jun 12 04:30:51 CEST 2010

> Until the most recent updates I was able to playback videos in the ogv
> format seamlessly; I could fast-forward and rewind without a second thought
> I was also able to videos back via a server without any problems.
>
> Today, I find that I now have to deal with a lag of a few seconds before
> such videos play and there's a 'cache no filling' message when I attempt to
> play back via the server. I've had no such problems with vlc.

I'm still having this issue with SVN-r31370.  Using "-cache 8192" causes
the clip to play for a short period of time and I then get the "Cache
not filling" message and the play stops.

I can watch the clip okay if I don't use the "-cache" argument.

This doesn't happen on all videos.  It only appear to be having the
issue with Movie Trailers (1080p).

If I watch a 720p/1080p mkv the video will play but there is a short
pause every few seconds.

I didn't have these issues with previous (March) versions.