[MPlayer-users] mp3 playing with mplayer without soundcard

Oliver Seitz info at vtnd.de
Sat Jun 12 08:32:11 CEST 2010

> Is that means first to create a fifo with

to create a fifo (aka "named pipe") use

mkfifo outputstream

> mplayer -ao pcm:file=outputstream
>
> this is done very fast :

this does nothing until outputstream is opened for reading by some other
process.

> than playing it with
> mplayer -slave -input file=cmd.txt output.fifo
>
> and while it's playing would be updating the sound parameters: volume etc

No, use the first mplayer for that. The second player that determines the
playback speed is at the client side.

> in
> real time, but how can be get the above command to get a new sound file
> created,  with that new sound params so as to be streamed to the
> listener/controller client.

Keep in mind that the player on the client side needs to buffer a bit of
data, so the volume, speed, equalizer changes will only take effect after
some seconds.

I'm sorry, but to be honest I've got the feeling your planning things that
will be of no benefit and that are not as easy as you think.

Greets,
Kiste