[MPlayer-users] Most recent updates have caused a problem

Murray Blakeman mblakeman at netspace.net.au
Sat Jun 12 08:43:23 CEST 2010

> Hm, for playing it directly my connection is far, far, far too slow.

No, definitely download it first. :-)

> If I download it first, I get exactly this behaviour.
> So are we talking about playing on-disk or over network?

I have problem on local disk and over network (NFS).  But only with
current build.

>> Solaris 10u8 with CDE.  Details of my mplayer build are below.
>>
> Hm, maybe there's a bug specific to that, even though I can't
> really imagine it...

Has there been any major changes that relate to the cache argument?

It's strange that it works okay with a previous build.

>> Cannot test OS support for SSE, leaving disabled.
>> CPUflags:  MMX: 1 MMX2: 1 3DNow: 0 3DNowExt: 0 SSE: 0 SSE2: 0 SSSE3: 1
>> Compiled for x86 CPU with extensions: MMX MMX2 SSE SSE2 SSSE3 CMOV
>>
> That at least looks like some things definitely aren't working right,
> even though it is completely unrelated.

I'm no code expert but looking at cpudetect.c, there doesn't appear to
be a matching rule for Solaris x86 so it defaults to "Cannot test OS
support for SSE, leaving disabled."