[MPlayer-users] DVD problem

Oliver Seitz info at vtnd.de
Sat Jun 12 23:10:44 CEST 2010

> What kind of oil?

I use some low-viscosity mineral oil, like WD-40 or similar. Don't use to
much of it, really only the scratches should be filled. Wiping the CD
gently with a bit of oil on tissue paper usually works good. If you've
taken to much, you can use ethanol (=denatured alcohol) to remove the oil,
but do not use ethanol on the printed side!

And, as I write about it, of course never wipe a CD or DVD in circles
around the middle hole. Always wipe radial, from the center outwards.

Greets,
Kiste

>>> Haha. It was indeed a scratch, a drop of oil on the DVD fixed the