[MPlayer-users] Getting "sticky" video over OpenBSD

Haris sweepy1982 at yahoo.gr
Wed Jun 16 12:48:30 CEST 2010

Hello. I'm having a strange problem which I can't seem to solve.

I'm trying to play a video file over mplayer and the video keeps freezing for a
moment every 5-10 seconds. From my terminal I see "libavcodec has been
miscompiled and may be very slow or crash".

Until now, I read all the man pages and I understood everything but it seems I
can't find any info on this problem. There is no .conf file for the mplayer (am
I supposed to create that from scratch?). From many hours of search, I found
that I'll have to raise the shmem segments (or something like that). How do I do
that?

Or is it a problem of GCC? It tells me to use 4.2 (or above) but when I give
pkg_add -u gcc, I keep getting "Can't find gcc. Problem finding gcc."

My video card is Intel x3100 and the OS is OpenBSD 4.7 x64.