[MPlayer-users] No video when playing WebM files

Ilja Sekler ilja_sekler_ at gmx.de
Sat Jun 19 22:20:44 CEST 2010

On 19.06.2010 20:46, Reimar Döffinger wrote:

> On Sat, Jun 19, 2010 at 07:41:48PM +0200, Ilja Sekler wrote:
>
>> get_path('codecs.conf') -> '/home/ilja/.mplayer/codecs.conf'
>> Reading /home/ilja/.mplayer/codecs.conf: 137 audio & 296 video
>> codecs
>
> You should not have this kind of file around without knowing exactly
> what you are doing by that.

Oops, silly of me, this was
<http://www.mplayerhq.hu/DOCS/HTML/en/faq.html#id2754297>... The well
forgotten codecs.conf originated from
<http://lists.mplayerhq.hu/pipermail/mplayer-users/2009-February/075964.html>.
I didn't know that the content of this file effectively replaces
built-in defaults instead of overlaying them, which would leave new
codecs like fflibvpx unaffected.

> Latest SVN will now refuse to load outdated files like yours though

Thanks :-)

> (and no, you're not supposed to update it, you should just delete it
> unless you have made important changes).

The codecs.conf at fault removed, WebM plays fine. Thank you very much
again.

--
Regards

Ilja