[MPlayer-users] dvdnav and seeking clash over arrow keys

Michal Svoboda pht at spatium.org
Sun Jun 20 22:01:12 CEST 2010

Hello list,

this seems like a recurring thing (at least according to web searches),
but: when I use the dvdnav:// protocol I can't use the arrow keys to
seek in the movie, even when playing a movie title. Since the arrows are
only useful inside the dvd menu I think it is not necessary to have them
blocked in playback too. It seems to have been fixed already but in
recent versions (31428) it is broken again. See below for input.conf.

With regards,
Michal Svoboda

$ cat /etc/mplayer/input.conf | egrep '^(RIGHT|LEFT|DOWN|UP)'
RIGHT seek +10
LEFT seek -10
DOWN seek -60
UP seek +60
UP    {dvdnav} dvdnav up          # DVDNav UP
DOWN  {dvdnav} dvdnav down        # DVDNav DOWN
LEFT  {dvdnav} dvdnav left        # DVDNav LEFT
RIGHT {dvdnav} dvdnav right       # DVDNav RIGHT