[MPlayer-users] [OT] How to play PC CD-ROM track from an old Enhanced CD?

Henry defsyn at gmail.com
Tue Jun 22 18:27:42 CEST 2010

On Tue, Jun 22, 2010 at 12:04 PM, Dave P <lists.davep at gmail.com> wrote:

> Sorry for the OT question, but I'm quite stuck.  I've got an enhanced
> CD from 1997 that includes a cd-rom track for pc or mac.  How do I
> access that extra file?

Apparently, it's an Apple Quick Time CD Index file. Try using the latest
apple Quick time
movie player to play the file. You can right click on the file and choose
open with ....

Browse for the latest installed Apple Quick Time player. Since it's so old,
the Windows OS
probably has not registered any application to run that type of file. And
Quick Time has not
bothered to offer compatibility for a file that old.

If that fails, you could find an old mac running Mac OS 7.x or OS 8.x Should
be able to play it on a system
like that.